Friday, October 5, 2007

Photo Featured in Publication

For a while now, Adventure VA has been, well, Adventure MIA. School started and the party stopped, and my daily excursions took on a more urban affair. I'm back in downtown Chicago, but am still dreaming of treks through the Appalachians, bridge jumping, and historic encounters throughout Virginia. In the mornings I wake up and look at Virginia Beach web cams as religiously as my yuppie neighbor studies the New York Times, although to be honest I think I get a little more satisfaction out of my endeavor. I have made a few attempts to try the urban edition of the AdventureVA lifestyle, but most of the time plans fell through and I found myself sitting on my couch playing FIFA on the XBOX.

Today is a special occasion, however, because I have the opportunity to talk about the glory days that were this past summer. The other day I received an email saying that one of my pictures, which was featured on this blog, has been chosen for inclusion in the newly released third edition of the Schmap Richmond Guide.

I'm definitely honored to be in this publication, no matter how little my contribution may be. The fact that someone has noticed and appreciated my photography is certainly a blessing. And if nothing else, at least it gave me a reason to return to this blog! You can view the image in the guide at the following link, or you can also play around with the Widget that the Schmap Guide provided!

http://www.schmap.com/richmond/activities_guided/p=268507/i=268507_3.jpg

(Look for Pamplin Park & National Museum of the Civil War Soldier, # 13 of 19 in the widget. You will find my photo of the park forest there.)

No comments: