Sunday, June 10, 2007

Trailhead

trailhead [treyl-hed]: the point at which a trail begins.

Welcome to Adventure_VA, the cyberspace trailhead to a lifestyle of adventure, integrity, and exploration. Here you can expect to find intellectual freedom and creativity, decorated with the documentation of life's adventures in the arenas of music and nature. The photos, journals, and thoughts recorded here are reflections of my own adventures, along with my friend Cain Anderson.

Adventure_VA stands for a dedicated lifestyle of adventure, with the intent to inspire and inform, all the while documenting the simple joys of music and nature. This summer will feature photos and trip reports from multiple camping and fishing trips throughout the Appalachian Trail, Great Dismal Swamp, and the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Furthermore, I will be sharing my experiences with a variety of blues, Americana, and bluegrass bands, highlighted by big names such as Nickel Creek and Old Crow Medicine Show.

For those unaware, my family is moving from Brookfield, WI to Norfolk, VA this summer. For many years I have dreamed of exploring the Appalachian Mountains and its old time southern culture, and this summer is my first real shot. Although I will be returning to Chicago in August to finish my senior year at DePaul University, we are leaving a lot of friends in the Midwest and I thought there is no better way to share my experiences in our new home than through this blog. So regardless if you are an old friend or a complete stranger, I invite you to share with me in this adventure that will surely extend beyond the borders of Virginia and begin to define a lifestyle known as Adventure_VA.

No comments: